Our helpful guide can assist you to approve your DebiCheck mandate with Nedbank through mobile banking as well as USSD.
Banking Money App:
- Log in to your Nedbank Money App (Android | iOS)
- Navigate to the debit order tab and select the “Mandates” tab to view all DebiCheck mandates
- Select a pending mandate to action
- You will be prompted to either Authorise or Decline the mandate
- You will receive an SMS sent from Nedbank instructing you to dial *120*001#
- When prompted, enter the first 6 digits of your South African ID number
- Navigate to the mandates menu and select a mandate to action by selecting the applicable number. To view the next page, press *2 and ‘send’ or to view the previous page press *1 and send
- Once you have selected the applicable mandate, the relevant mandate details will then be displayed
- You will be prompted to select (1) to Authorise the mandate, or (9) to Decline the mandate
- Press 1 to authorise and send the response
- A confirmation message, stating that you have accepted the mandate, will then be displayed on your cellphone
- If you wish to decline the mandate, select option 9. A screen confirming your request to decline will be displayed. Select either 1 to confirm or 2 to cancel the request to decline the mandate.
- Should you decline the mandate, a screen confirming the declined mandate will appear.
Remind me, what is DebiCheck?
DebiCheck is a new authorisation process implemented by all South African banks to reduce fraudulent debit order activity. To learn more about this exciting facility, read our guide available here.